Let me start by saying thank you! My first eCookbook was released last weekend. And since I’m as awesome as they come, I made it free for all of you for two days. Boy, did you guys take advantage of that! The cookbook got over 1,000 downloads in the first 48 hours! Amazing! The not so amazing part? Breaking out the calculator and realizing that, had those downloads not been free, I would have made enough to pay two months rent in a West Village studio in NYC in a swift 48 hours. All jokes aside, thank you guys for being so supportive. Right now, you can still buy Healthy Swaps for only $2.99. If you like what you see, help a girl out and leave a review! And tell your friends! Spread the word on Facebook and Twitter!
These Roasted Vegetable and Black Bean Tacos are one of the delicious recipes featured in Healthy Swaps and they’re definitely one of my favorite recipes in the entire book. They are a simple, healthy, and filling dinner and they are super easy to put together. Spice-roasted zucchini, sweet potatoes, poblano chiles, and red onions and piled into warm corn tortillas along with black beans, crumbled cotija cheese, and a dollop of smooth crema. They’re a great option for Meatless Monday! I hope you all get a chance to download Healthy Swaps and try out some of the recipes!
Warm corn tortillas filled with spice-roasted vegetables, black beans, crumbled cotija, and a dollop of crema
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 poblano chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- ½ cup crumbled cotija cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Toss the onion, poblano chile, zucchini, and sweet potato with the olive oil, salt, black pepper, cumin, oregano, paprika, and cayenne. Spread into an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast for about 20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned. Remove from the oven and stir in the black beans and lime juice.
2. Whisk together the buttermilk and sour cream in a small bowl. To serve, divide the roasted vegetables between the tortillas. Top each taco with the crumbled cotija cheese and a drizzle of crema.