Few moments in the morning are quite so disappointing as having your toast pop up burned to a crisp or hardly toasted at all. If you want your toast to pop up just the way you like it, you need to invest in a quality toaster which can get the job done right.
A 4-slice toaster can prepare 4 slices of toast at once just to your liking. This can be perfect for making toast fast for yourself and for other members of your family.
But in order to ensure that your toast does come out perfect every time, you need to shop for a quality 4-slice toaster which can produce consistent, reliable results. In this guide, we will introduce you to some of the best 4-slice toasters on the market today. Below that, we’ll talk about factors to consider when shopping for a 4-slice toaster.
1. CUSIBOX 4-Slice 1650W Toaster with Extra Wide Slots
CUSIBOX manufactures a number of popular and highly rated toasters. One of them is this 1650W model with extra wide slots.
- With its streamlined stainless steel design, this toaster is instantly eye-catching. The stainless steel is also a sturdy material, ensuring that the toaster will stand the test of time.
- You can purchase this toaster in any of four colors that you like: black, light blue, red or white.
- There are two control panels so that you can toast your bread two different ways simultaneously.
- The slots measure 1.5”across, which is large enough to accommodate thick slices of toast and bagels. In fact, there is even a setting specifically for bagels.
- Functions include defrost and cancel.
- This product is backed by a one-year warranty.
- The high lift lever makes it easy to remove your toast after it is complete.
- In order to facilitate easy cleaning, both crumb trays are removable. You simply slide them out, empty the crumbs, and slide them back in.
- The court measures 36.5”, long enough that you should be able to place your toaster where you want.
- The convenient chart which comes with your toaster helps you figure out what settings you need for it to come out just the way you like it.
- Some units seem to do an uneven job toasting both sides of the bread, but the majority do not seem to be afflicted by this issue.
2. Cuisinart CPT-180 Metal Classic 4-Slice Toaster
Another toaster with an appealing retro design is this one from Cuisinart. Measuring 11.15″ L x10.65″ W x7.5″ H, it is made out of brushed stainless steel.
- There are two control panels on this toaster so that you can prepare toast in two different ways at the same time.
- 1.5” wide slots can accommodate thick slices of bread as well as bagels.
- The lever is designed to push your toast up extra high so that you can easily and safely remove it.
- An aesthetically appealing design brings a vintage feel to your kitchen.
- You can remove the crumb tray for fast and easy cleaning.
- There are six settings so that you can make your toast as light or dark as you wish.
- Toasting functions include a regular setting for bread, a bagel setting, and defrost, reheat, and cancel.
- The bagel setting is particularly effective and is able to heat not just the outside of the bagel, but the whole bagel.
- This appliance has a reputation for reliability and longevity, delivering perfectly toasted bread day after day for years.
- This appliance is backed by a three-year limited warranty.
- Some units seem to quit after a few months, but most continue to perform well over years.
3. Hamilton Beach Extra-Wide 4-Slice Slot Toaster
This model of toaster seems to run a little bit less expensive than some of the competing models that we have featured in this list. So it may be a good option if you are shopping on the budget.
- Like many other modern toasters, this one includes a high-lift lever. That way, you do not burn your fingers as you are removing your toast.
- The slots are wide enough to accommodate bagels, artisan bread, waffles and more.
- There is a special setting just for bagels which toasts one side while warming up the other.
- An automatic shutoff feature ensures that the toaster will not continue running if your bread is jammed inside.
- The buttons are illuminated, perfect for dark mornings when you are bleary-eyed.
- Toasting functions include bagel, defrost and cancel.
- There are two sets of controls.
- While this is a midrange toaster, is at the lower end of that range, making it a budget friendly alternative to some of the more expensive models on the market.
- This toaster has a tendency to lean toward the lighter side when you’re toasting bread, so keep that in mind if you particularly like dark toast. It is capable of making your toast really dark, but you will require two cycles in most cases to make it happen.
4. Cuisinart CPT-142 Compact 4-Slice Toaster
If you need to conserve counter space, the Cuisinart CPT-142 may be a suitable choice for your kitchen.
- Measuring 10.8 x 10.7 x 7.2 inches, this compact toaster conserves space on your counter, making it ideal for small apartments or tiny houses.
- This model is more cost effective than some competing models.
- There are dual sets of controls so that you can prepare your toast different ways simultaneously.
- Functions include bagel, defrost, reheat, and cancel.
- You can slide out crumb tray to clean it off and then re-insert it when you’re done.
- The toasting slots measure 1.5” so that you can toast bagels, artisan breads and more.
- The shade dials provide you with seven settings (many models seem confined to six, so you may have more control over the output with this toaster).
- The simple, elegant design of this toaster is an aesthetically pleasing and would be a nice complement to any kitchen.
- You can wrap the cord up underneath the toaster to store the unit neatly.
- The controls are large, clearly visible, and easy to use.
- This appliance comes backed by a three-year limited warranty.
- Sometimes, it seems like these units produce uneven results where one side is toasted well and the other is not. This does not necessarily affect all units which ship out.
5. KRUPS KH734D Breakfast Set 4-Slot Toaster
A higher-priced option which is very popular is the KRUPS KH734D Breakfast Set 4-Slot Toaster. This toaster is known for yielding consistent results.
- There are six settings which allow you to toast your bread the way you like it.
- The extra-large slots should be able to accommodate bagels, English muffins, artisan breads, buns and more. They are supposedly “self centering” so that you do not have to struggle to line up your bread optimally every time.
- There are two control panels which function independently of one another so that you can toast using two sets of settings simultaneously.
- The brushed chrome stainless steel design is aesthetically pleasing and looks beautiful on any countertop.
- This appliance is backed by a two-year worldwide warranty.
- Functions available include basic toasting, bagel, defrost, reheat, and cancel.
- The lever is designed to lift your toast high for safe removal.
- This toaster can produce consistent results time and again. Once you find the setting you like best, you should have no problem getting your ideal toast made every morning.
- This model of toaster seems to do a pretty good job toasting the top section of a piece of bread, but it can leave the bottom of a slice nearly un-toasted. Whether or not this is a big deal to you depends on your personal preferences.
6. Artisan 4 Slice Toaster by Homeart
If you are in search of the toaster which is truly stunning to behold, it is pretty hard to beat the Artisan 4 Slice Toaster by Homeart. This toaster is both functional and gorgeous to look at.
- The first thing you’ll notice about this toaster is its breathtaking vintage appearance. With its sleek lines and high-quality stainless steel, it looks like an Art Deco-inspired work of art on your countertop. You can purchase it in black, red, or white.
- There are two sets of controls for selecting how light or dark you want your toast so that you can use two settings simultaneously.
- This toaster is equipped with protection against leaking as well as overheating.
- The company has a reputation for providing reliable customer support.
- There is a 365-day money back replacement warranty.
- The toaster is built out of heavy-duty, sturdy materials which should hold up great to ongoing regular use.
- The slots are wide enough to toast bagels, artisan breads and more. Functions include bagel, cancel, reheat and defrost.
- As is unfortunately common with many toasters, this one can produce darker results on one side of a piece of bread than the other.
Considerations When Buying a 4-Slice Toaster
1. Extra Wide Slots
One feature to look for when shopping for a 4-slice toaster is extra-wide slots. Narrow slots can limit you in terms of what you can fit in the toaster. Extra wide slots can be especially helpful if you enjoy toasting larger items such as bagels.
2. Independent Controls
Many 4-slice toasters include two sets of controls. That way you can pop in 2 slices of toast for yourself and 2 for someone else and prepare each to your different preferences simultaneously.
3. Multiple Functions
Along with being able to do basic toasting, a high-quality 4-slice toaster should also have some additional useful functions. Some units have a function specifically for toasting bagels, for example, You also should look for basic functions like defrost and reheat.
4. Aesthetic Design
A lot of toasters are designed with a cool retro vibe, and may feature sleek contours with a Streamline Moderne or Art Deco appearance. The right toaster not only will have functional value, but also can go a surprisingly long way toward enhancing the overall appearance of your kitchen.
5. Easy Cleaning
Cleaning out a toaster can be a challenge if easy cleaning was not considered by the manufacturer when coming up with the design. Find out what you need to do to clean and maintain a toaster before you commit to purchasing it.
6. Consistency of Performance
Low-quality toasters produce unreliable results. Even with the same settings selected, the toast comes out differently every time. You want a toaster which can toast your bread the same way each time you use it. You shouldn’t need to guess about the settings or how your toast will come out.
7. Overall Quality of Materials and Durability
As with any other appliance you might shop for, you should evaluate the quality of the materials used as well as the overall design. How durable is the toaster? How many years can you expect it to perform? Choose a device which won’t quit on you after just a short time, but will continue to toast your bread perfectly over many years to come.