You know why I love the news so much? While it brings us stories of tragedy each and every day, it also brings us heartwarming stories that make you consider reconsidering your stance on humanity. And then Dennis Rodman goes to North Korea again and brings us something so entertaining that you can watch it for days on end. I find it both amusing and irritating hearing him talk about how he is going to have to suffer “abuse” when he comes back to America. Like, hello??? You’re in North Korea. If he wants abuse, let’s just leave him there. I don’t think I’m going to offend anyone here by saying that North Korea is a horrible place.
Per usual, I’m only venting and what you just read has absolutely nothing to do with this recipe for Serrano-Wrapped Chicken with Basil Sauce. I love chicken. You love chicken. Who doesn’t love chicken? Kim Jong Un probably likes chicken. Let me tell you a little about this recipe. Tender chicken cutlets are wrapped in thin slices of serrano ham and seared on both sides until the ham gets nice and crispy. Then I spoon a simple sauce of fresh basil, crème fraîche, and lemon juice over the top and call it a day. If you can’t find serrano ham, you can use something like prosciutto. It’ll still give you that crispy crust that you’re looking for!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 split boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 thin slices Serrano ham
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season with chicken breasts lightly with salt and pepper, then wrap 2 slices of ham around each chicken breast. Add to the pan and cook for about 4 minutes per side, until the ham is golden and crispy. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the basil, crème fraiche, and lemon juice in a blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon the sauce over the chicken breasts and serve.