Potatoes are the quintessential side dish. They are one of those things that, no matter how you decide to cook them, they pretty much take care of themselves. And they always turn out delicious. Baked, mashed, roasted, or fried, potatoes are an easy side dish that is sure to please everyone sitting around your dinner table.
My favorite way to enjoy potatoes is to roast them. You can throw them in a hot oven and forget about them. I love roasted potatoes because they crisp up on the outside, but stay soft in the center. They just fall apart in your mouth because they are so tender. This dish will satisfy any potato lover.
- 1 1/2 pounds baby new potatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Toss the potatoes with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and oregano on a large rimmed baking sheet, spreading the potatoes out into an even layer. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, until the potatoes are golden brown and tender.